(2013 Fall, 2014 Spring, and Summer Semesters)
Full- and Part-Time Internships are available through a program offered by the Information Systems Department of Community Health Systems Professional Services Corporation located in Franklin, Tennessee. Internships are available on a semester basis. Internship dates are:
- Fall: August 19 – December 13, 2013
- Spring: January 6 - May 16, 2014
- Summer: June 2 – August 1, 2014
Deadline to receive Applications for the Fall 2013 Semester Internship is August 2, 2013. Please fill out the Internship application and send to Robbie_Mansfield@chs.net
Interns chosen to participate in this program will have the opportunity to collaborate on projects with learning objectives that foster research and technical skills. Those who are interested should be looking for a work experience that will both challenge and inspire.
- To provide talented students interested in the information technology field with real-life job experiences enabling them to apply academic theories and principles with practical job experience.
- To expand participants' knowledge and enhance learning skills through appropriate career-related experiences.
- To provide participants the opportunity to work with Information Systems professionals and to both acquire and apply skills related to this field.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Candidates must have and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.3.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours M-F, 8am – 5 pm.
- Candidates should possess or be capable of acquiring analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
Program participants will:
- Learn what it is like to have an IS career in a leading healthcare organization
- Learn about hospitals and how technology is vital to the physicians and nurses who help provide quality care across the nation.
- Benefit from professional development training and coaching.
- Gain exposure to multiple levels of management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
This organization does not discriminate in any way to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, the facility complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.